Each Monday, I plan to bring you a list of goals for the week and a progress report of how things are going. I hope this might help me focus a bit. I have so many different things that I can be working on that I often have trouble focusing.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Comment on at least one blog every day - I did okay on this. I’m not sure that I actually commented every day, but I think my comments averaged more than one per day.
- Design a New Pattern - Again, not so good on this one. I’ve done some work on it but haven’t completed a new pattern. The weather here has been an enemy to indoor work. I have accomplished a lot in my yard this week.
- Continue learning about SEO and applying what I learned to store and blogs - I probably should re-word this goal to include social media. Social media helps with search engine optimization and a lot of what I plan to do involves social media. This week, I made some updates to my Facebook fan page. I added my Pinterest boards to the page, added a photo (that looks fits into menu bar better), and also added my business information to my personal page.
This Week’s Goals:
- Continue commenting on other blogs - This will probably be a goal until it becomes habit. You may wonder why commenting on other blogs it important. First of all, I read a lot of blogs that I really enjoy and I want to support those blogs with my comments. Secondly, when making a comment, you can include a link to your website which can drive some traffic. I have seen some traffic at my Etsy store that was driven by a comments I’ve made on blog posts about starting an Etsy store.
- Design iPad cover and order sample - Last week, I did some research on printing companies that offer iPad and Kindle covers. I think I’ve found a company that can print what I want. I have a couple of follow up questions to ask and then need to design and order a sample.
- Continue working on new patterns - This is something I tend to do in my down time. I need to work on making it more of a priority. I think part of the problem is that I really enjoy doing it, so I don’t so much see it as work. But it’s new patterns that will add variety. And it’s the part of my job that I love most, so I should do it more.
- Continue to study up on SEO and social media - At the Inspire Conference, I attended two break-out sessions by Krista Neher and purchased her Social Media Field Guide. I plan to begin reading it this week.
What are your goals for the week?